18 Arpley Street, Warrington
We purchased 18 Arpley Street in August of 2019. The property was sourced by our project manager, who knew we had other properties in Warrington and were looking to build the portfolio. With some architect sketches to hand, we went to view the property to plan what we could do.
The purchase completed in the same month and the builders started straight away. We knew that by using permitted development rights, we could convert the loft and have two sizable living bedrooms in that space. There was already one bedroom in situ but the layout hadn’t been utilised to its full potential.
We changed the design, building a dormer at the back of the property to create a second bedroom. We also converted the basement into another bedroom with an ensuite, applying for planning permission to extend the light well to increase the amount of natural light. At the same time, we submitted a planning application to extend the rear of the property, incorporating a cycle store and kitchen-diner extension.
The building company transformed what was originally a 3-bedroom semi-detached family home into an 8-bedroom all ensuite Next Level HMO® property. At the heart of our thought process, we always keep the housemates in mind, considering their wellbeing and how they’ll feel in each space. We aim to make them feel comfortable, safe, secure, at home and part of a community.
- Damp Proof Course (DPC) on ground floor
- Part excavation and tanking of the basement to make it habitable – utility room and lower ground bedroom
- Enlarging light well to to property (with planning consent) to allow light and means of escape into lower ground bedroom
- New internal walls on first floor
- Extension to the kitchen at the rear to incorporate a larger communal space plus the formation of bin and cycle store.
- Construction of a rear dormer to the main house and outrigger to form 2 large living bedrooms
- New en-suites throughout, in every bedroom
- A well designed coliving property with modern kitchen facilities and lounge are
VALUATION: : Originally a 3-bedroom house, bought for £181,562, we received an end valuation of £370,000.⠀