250 Wellington Road South, Stockport
We purchased this property in 2018. It was an office building with permitted development for up to 9 flats. Working with a planning team and our architects, we decided to change the layout to better suit a co-living experience. Over 18 months, we developed the site into 7 flats over 4 floors, giving us a total of 22 bedrooms.
The majority of the work was spent transforming the basement. Work included part-tanking the basement and creating new light wells. The ground and first floor received a full refurbishment and the build team converted the loft to create another apartment, reconfiguring the roof to accommodate for skylights.
Gaining planning permission, we altered the externals of the property to achieve the maximum number of rooms internally, whilst also bringing the building back to its former glory. This had to be done very carefully and with respect for the fact that the property is on the edge of a conversation area. From the very start, we worked closely with an interior designer to attract the high-end Manchester market of young professionals interested in co-living.
- DPC on ground floor
- Re-tanking of the basement to make it habitable
- Formation of new internal walls throughout
- Reforming the roof structure to allow for a new apartment in this spaceRSJs installed to allow the removal of strutural walls to allow for the new internal layoutt)
- New conservation-style sash windows to meet conservation and sound insulation requirements
- New internal walls throughout
- New 3-phase mains electric installedNew en-suites throughout to 22no. bedroom
- Creation of 7 kitchen/dining/living areas to suit HMO specifications
VALUATION: Originally an office block, we bought for £370,000, we received an end valuation of £1.19 million.⠀